Swedish innovation meets Australian ingenuity; we are Orexplore.
Founded in Sweden, and a former subsidiary of Swick Mining Services, Orexplore Technologies, headquartered in Perth, is an Australian publicly listed technology company.
As our Australian HQ and world-class R&D centre in Stockholm experience rapid growth, we’re expanding our teams. On the hunt for delivery-focused team members energised by the potential to transform the mining industry from exploration to sustainability by applying our breakthrough technology platform.
A growing force in the digital transformation of the mining value chain globally, Orexplore is developing a suite of world-first technologies, generating 3D digital models of drill cores that deliver unprecedented insights for our clients globally.
What we're looking for.
Game-changers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a fresh perspectives are energised by moving fast, building lasting client relationships, and delivering exceptional service by applying and supporting new technology in the field.
Our GeoCoreX10© instrument is the first product in the market to unlock value for our clients through a world-first platform delivering unique insights from exploration to operations and beyond through the application of advanced, automated x-ray instrumentation technology and high-performance data processing.
Field Technicians Primary duties will be to undertake drill core cleaning and preparation for scanning using Orexplore’s GeoCoreX10© while supporting Site geologists and scanning technicians.
You have an understanding of, and experience in:
- Drill Core handling
- Drill core mark-up standard practices
- Core yard process workflow
Field technicians will be trained in core cleaning and preparation methods, followed by scanning procedures.
Your primary duties will be to undertake drill core cleaning and preparation for scanning using Orexplore’s GeoCoreX10© while supporting Site geologists and scanning technicians. Field technicians will be trained in core cleaning and preparation methods, followed by scanning procedures.
- Working in a safe and sustainable manner
- Handling drill core trays and drill core to industry best practices and Orexplore Procedures
- Diligently cleaning and preparing drill core for scanning, in line with industry best practices and Orexplore Procedures
- Diligently organising and cross-checking the core for scanning
- Maintaining accurate records for timekeeping, stocks/stores etc
- Liaising with Internal and Client staff, drilling crews, and core yard crews as needed to support your work
- Maintaining a clean working environment and appearance
When cleaning and preparing the drill core, you will be responsible for the following processes:
- Locating and handling drill core trays in a correct and safe manner
- Handling of drill core in a manner that ensures the safety and longevity of the drill core
- Cleaning and preparing drill core for scanning
When using the GeoCoreX10©, you will be responsible for the following aspects of its operation:
- Loading accurately measured core samples into sample holders
- Loading the samples into the GeoCoreX10©
- Returning the samples to their original position in the core trays
- Maintaining accurate records of the samples
- Assisting the Service Manager as directed in basic supervised maintenance.
- Other duties as directed by Orexplore staff
Other desired skills
- Forklift ticket
- OH&S Certificates
- XRF Training
Roster cycling & location
Based on various sites, this role is a 2-and-1 roster on both day and night shifts.
What we offer.
When we say our people are our priority, we mean it. With our roots in Swedish innovation and a desire to move the needle on the mining industry’s sustainability, the culture at Orexplore is paramount.
Orexplore employees benefit from significant opportunities in a fast-growing, people-focused business.
We’re a close-knit team with employees supported by competitive remuneration and exciting career pathways.
We believe in meritocracy, excellence, a passion for learning and challenging the status quo, kindness, exceptional client service, and always helping whoever you work with within your duties.
If you think this sounds like the job for you and have what it takes, please fill out the form below to apply.