Project Consulting Geologist
Swedish innovation meets Australian ingenuity; we are Orexplore.
Founded in Sweden, and a former subsidiary of Swick Mining Services, Orexplore Technologies, headquartered in Perth, is an Australian publicly listed technology company.
Who we are.
A commercialisation-stage mineral scanning technology company, established in Sweden and headquartered in Perth, Western Australia
Aiming to transform the mining industry with a next generation non-destructive scanning technology to extract insights from drilled core in a faster, more sustainable way, improving decision making across the mining value chain
Primed to capitalise on global mega-trends; surging metals demand; increasingly difficult exploration; challenging mine operating conditions; and accelerating ESG drivers
As our Australian HQ and world-class R&D centre in Stockholm experience rapid growth, we’re expanding our teams. On the hunt for delivery-focused team members energised by the potential to transform the mining industry from exploration to sustainability by applying our breakthrough technology platform.
A growing force in the digital transformation of the mining value chain globally, Orexplore is developing a suite of world-first technologies, generating 3D digital models of drill cores that deliver unprecedented insights for our clients globally.
What we're looking for
Game-changers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a fresh perspective are energised by moving fast, building lasting client relationships, and delivering exceptional service by applying and supporting a brand new technology in the field.
Our GeoCoreX10 instrument is the first product in the market to unlock value for our clients through a world-first platform delivering unique insights from exploration to operations and beyond through the application of advanced, automated x-ray instrumentation technology and high-performance data processing.
We have a growing demand for in-field deployment, remote services and fleet management, so we’re searching for a Project Consulting Geologist who is excited at the prospect of disrupting the industry through the application of transformational technology.
GeoCore X10 ®
High Energy X-ray Source
XRT (X-ray transmission) CT provides ‘through-the-core’ structural 3D imaging used to estimate potential elemental composition, geological structure, texture & density.
Insight software platform.
Orexplore’s software system, Orexplore Insight®, provides users with the ability to interact and analyse the scan results obtained from the GeoCore X10®. It provides 3D-visualisation of the core and the ability to further analyse the resource and physical information, providing rich capability to understand, interpret and extract key information contained within the sample such as:
- Geological structures
- Lithology / texture
- Density – high resolution
- Rock mechanics & physical characteristics e.g. RQD
- Particle detection
- Detected elements
- Emerging geochemistry
The Project Consulting Geologist provides practical assistance to Orexplore clients at their operational mines and exploration sites to adopt, utilise, and embed GX10 Scanning Technology, including outputs such as XRF and CT tomographic data to support client decision-making and problem-solving.
This role will be the primary contact between clients and Orexplore for field-based activities associated with our Sea Container deployments.
Each deployment includes up to three GX10 instruments, with the role acting as Field Operations Superintendent/Project Manager for Orexplore Scanning Crews and Logistics Officers while also supporting Operational Engineers to ensure safe, efficient scanning operations.
- Minimum five years experience working as a Senior Geologist across a range of operations (both exploration and mining) and a range of commodities, including but not limited to base metals, copper and gold.
- Demonstrated Leadership in field-based and remote operations.
- Degree qualified geologist and/or geochemist; MSc or PhD highly preferred. Experience in geostatistical, reserve and structural modelling is also highly favourable.
- Fluent in English (oral and written communications) and, where applicable, based on Project Location: Spanish, Portuguese, or French.
- Identify relevant value propositions to support client decisions and define practical work scope for delivering GX10 Scanning Services in the Field or Orexplore’s Laboratories.
- Through Field deployments, work with clients to develop new and novel applications of GX10 data to support and enhance client decision making, thereby defining new value propositions and products for future sales opportunities.
- Provide technical support for Project set-ups with clients by utilising geological expertise and your understanding of client geology, including but not limited to understanding geological genesis models.
- Develop ecosystems and networks by attending and presenting relevant industry conferences and societies to promote GX10 Scanning Technology.
- Maintain ongoing support and relationship building with clients post completion of Projects to support client business cases for repeat patronage of GX10 Scanning Technology.
- Undertake Field-based project management activities including, but not limited to, scheduling, rostering, coordination of field logistics, change and safety management.
What we offer.
When we say our people are our priority, we mean it. With our roots in Swedish innovation and a desire to move the needle on the mining industry’s sustainability, the culture at Orexplore is paramount.
Orexplore employees benefit from significant opportunities in a fast-growing, people-focused business.
We’re a close-knit team, with employees supported with competitive remuneration, onsite parking and exciting career pathways.
We believe in meritocracy, excellence, a passion for learning and challenging the status quo, kindness, exceptional client service,, and always helping whoever you may be working within your duties.
We are the Orexplore team, and we would love you to join us on an exciting adventure as we bring brand new technology to disrupt an entire industry and create value for our customers.
If you think this sounds like the job for you and have what it takes, please fill out the form below to apply.