Swedish innovation meets Australian ingenuity; we are Orexplore.
Founded in Sweden, and a former subsidiary of Swick Mining Services, Orexplore Technologies, headquartered in Perth, is an Australian publicly listed technology company.
As our Australian HQ and world-class R&D centre in Stockholm experience rapid growth, we’re expanding our teams. On the hunt for delivery-focused team members energised by the potential to transform the mining industry from exploration to sustainability by applying our breakthrough technology platform.
A growing force in the digital transformation of the mining value chain globally, Orexplore is developing a suite of world-first technologies, generating 3D digital models of drill cores that deliver unprecedented insights for our clients globally.
What we're looking for.
Game-changers and out-of-the-box thinkers with a fresh perspective, energised by moving fast, growing high-performance global teams building lasting client relationships, and delivering exceptional service by delivering and supporting a brand-new technology in the field.
Our GeoCoreX10 instrument and Orexplore Insight® software is the company’s first technology platform to create orebody knowledge, deliver real-time, in-field exploration guidance, and improve operations and environmental outcomes for our customers.
The Operations Manager is responsible for all operations globally for the group.
We are seeking a candidate with a proven track record of safely operating in the field who is passionate about people, performance, continuous improvement and transforming industries with our brand-new technology, a first of its kind in the field.
Safety is paramount at Orexplore, and as we grow globally and deploy our units in harsh, remote locations, it is essential that our safety culture, systems, processes, learning and attitudes are exceptional at all times. Therefore, a significant critical capability of this role is providing this safety leadership and instilling a high-performance safety culture globally across all our teams.
As our growth accelerates, we seek a strong operations manager who can take the reins of the operations globally to guide the successful deployment of our technology platform, improving and enhancing the growth and performance of the field-based teams across a diverse set of global locations for our customers.
The operations manager will also work closely with the Company’s Geoscience; Engineering; Data Science (Perth), and R&D teams (Stockholm) to ensure the highest levels of operational performance; reliability; productivity and safety are achieved on each project.
A vital element of this role is also the ability to effectively communicate the value of technology to a diverse set of customer stakeholders to drive the platform’s adoption permanently in the field. This involves developing a deep understanding of the customer’s operations and an ability to discover the opportunities and problems they face daily while articulating and demonstrating the power of our platform to add value to their businesses and operations.
This role will be the primary contact between clients and Orexplore for field-based activities associated with our Sea Container deployments.
- Safety leadership and fostering a culture of high-performance safety across all global operations
- Ensure safety is the highest priority across the group for every deployment and project
- Drive an excellent safety culture, including training and leadership in safety processes and methods such as JHA’s; JMP’s; Take 5’s; Risk registers and digital safety tools.
Commercial performance and planning
- Work with the CFO, Chief Product Officer, and Principal Geoscientist on project proposals to ensure sufficient scoping, planning and coverage of operational and logistical scope, costings, risk management and other items as required
- Develop operational deployment, operations, mobilisation and demobilisation schedules, plans, budgets and associated budget and costing sheets for the purposes of proposal pricing
- Work with the engineering team to assess the capabilities, performance, reliability, utilisation and other key metrics of the platform across all field deployments to assist in the constant improvement of the platform and the company’s products
- Work with the Stockholm R&D group to feed customer requirements back into the development plans and roadmaps
- Effective Communicator and facilitator
- Structured, detailed, and highly-organised and efficient
- High energy and a passion for international travel to remote locations and mine and exploration sites – a willingness for a large amount of travel across the year as the company grows and new operational groups are formed.
- Experience as Project Manager for Field-based operations.
- Experience in leading and working with high-growth, multi-functional teams.
- Able to work with rapidly changing and dynamic work environments.
- Experience working with multi-cultural, globally diverse teams and customers.
What we offer.
When we say our people are our priority, we mean it. With our roots in Swedish innovation and a desire to move the needle on the mining industry’s sustainability, the culture at Orexplore is paramount.
Orexplore employees benefit from significant opportunities in a fast-growing, people-focused business.
We’re a close-knit team with employees supported by competitive remuneration and exciting career pathways.
We believe in meritocracy, excellence, a passion for learning and challenging the status quo, kindness, exceptional client service, and always helping whoever you work with within your duties.
If you think this sounds like the job for you and have what it takes, please fill out the form below to apply.